It is extremely important that all post-operative instructions given by our certified eye surgeon be followed to the letter after your treatment. An instruction sheet will explain the use of medicated and lubricating eye drops to be used post-operatively. These drops and all other instructions will apply until the doctor modifies the regimen over the course of your post-operative visits. Typically, patients will be seen one week, two weeks, one month, two months and three months after their procedure. After that, six, 12, and 24 month visits will be suggested.
You will be advised to:
- Wear the plastic shield / goggles provided at bedtime, or whenever you lie down, for five days after the procedure
- Wear protective sunglasses when outdoors for one week after surgery
- Refrain from extended work on a computer on the day of your procedure
- Try not to rub your eyes at all
- Avoid perspiration in the eyes for one week
- Abstain from sexual activity for 24 hours
- Restrict exposure to pet hair for one week
- Avoid wearing eye make-up, especially mascara, for 10 days
- Avoid using a hot tub, steam room, sauna or pool for two weeks
- Avoid lake or ocean swimming without goggles for one month
Schedule an Informational Consultation in NYC
If you are considering PRK surgery, but would like to learn more about post operation care, preparation for surgery or the procedure itself, please set up your in-person consultation with Dr. Sandra Belmont at her office in New York City today!