The benefits of No-Cut Lasik, or Surface ablation, are endless. However, like any surgery, there is a postop recovery process for each patient.
Under the personalized directives from Dr. Belmont, postop recovery optimization and elimination of pain are easily managed. In addition, here are some other tips to keep in mind:
- Vitamin C 500 mg, twice a day by mouth, beginning the day surgery is scheduled, to help with corneal healing;
- Topical cyclosporine, b.i.d., begun immediately postop and continuing for three months, whether or not patients have dry eye
- Prednisolone acetate (Pred Forte), four times a day for seven days, starting on the day of surgery;
- Ofloxacin (Ocuflox, Allergan), four times a day for seven days, starting on the day of surgery;
- Ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution (Acuvail, Allergan) up to four times a day for three days, as needed for pain;
- “Comfort drops” from a specialty pharmacy that includes 0.1% tetracaine, one drop up to every hour for pain during the first three postop days;
- Preservative-free tears, every two hours while awake
- Refresh Celluvisc (Allergan), one drop at night until the patients’ bandage contact lenses are removed at five to seven days, after they’ve worn them 24 hours a day for a week;
- Over-the-counter Retain PM ointment (Ocusoft) when the contact lenses are removed, applied every night at bedtime until the one-month postop visit;
- Over-the-counter, extra-strength acetaminophen tablets (Tylenol);
- Vicodin, 5 mg/300 mg, four to six tablets, for rescue relief;
- Ice packs on the patient’s eyes for 10 minutes after surgery, under Dr. Belmont’s direction, then as much as possible at home during the first 24 hours postop.
Contact us today to schedule your No-Cut LASIK consultation at Belmont Eye Center!